Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Meet Cameron



I told ya, he's the cutest dog EVER!

It's funny how things work out: 
My husband works a LOT of hours with his job at the Winston Salem Dash.  That tends to get a little lonely for me...so before the baseball season started I begged for a puppy.  I wanted a teeny-weeny puppy that I could raise on my own!  Darrell however, wanted to adopt a puppy.  I have never adopted a puppy, but really liked the fact that you were essentially, saving a dogs life, so I agreed.  My only compromise was that it had to be a dog that didn't shed.  If there is one thing that I can't deal with, it is cleaning up dog hair.  It makes me gag!

If you have ever tried to adopt a dog, you know that finding one that doesn't shed is like finding a needle in a haystack.  Darrell and I had searched for weeks and baseball season was right around the corner, so we were running out of time.

One Saturday my Mom called and someone had dropped a little dog off by my parents' house.  Just set it out with a pillow!  I was heartbroken!!!  It was some sort of terrier mix.  My Mom sent me a picture of it and I fell in love!  On top of that, we would be saving a dogs life too!!! 
That weekend, we went to pick the dog up and see it & BOY, were we excited!  We even named him Hurley! 
As soon as we got there, we brought him inside to give him a bath and clean him up.  Except, when Hurley got wet, all of his hair fell out!  I was devastated...there was HAIR EVERYWHERE!!!  Something was obviously wrong with this dog and someone had dropped him off because of that.  We had no idea what to do, so my Dad took care of getting Hurley where he needed to be to get medical attention.  From there, I am not sure where Hurley's life took him...

Devastated is an understatement.  I was SO excited about a puppy and couldnt understand why this would happen!  I remember even saying to Darrell "I don't want a mutt!  I want a puppy!  MY OWN PUPPY!" 

My Dad though, knowing how upset I was, proceeds to mention that he had seen an ad in the paper for some poodles for sale nearby. 
Poodles?  They don't shed and they are hypoallergenic!  Reluctantly, Darrell agreed to give them a call and they had ONE poodle left!  I convinced Darrell to just "go look" with me. 


We immediately fell in love and the rest is history! (How could you not!) Cameron came home with us right then and there!

I wouldn't give anything for my lil Cameron now!  He has brought so much joy to my life & is truly a part of our family! 

Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together. 


Cameron's 1st picture! 9 weeks old!  He's so tiny!

Cameron right before his first haircut!

His favorite place to hide: under our bed!


Playing with Mommy!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment