Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 8

Last week provided little time to blog, so I am playing catch up this week.

Week 8 was no different really from week 6-7 except for some major itching!  My belly itches like crazy!  I am told it is from the stretching of your body.  My back itches too, but not as bad as my stomach.  I put lotion on in the morning and before I go to bed, hoping that it will relieve the itching somewhat, and normally it helps a little. 

Thankfully, still no sickness, just occasional nausea depending on what I eat. 

My sense of smell is REALLY strong.  I can smell just about anything – things I don’t normally smell.  Before I realized my sense of smell was getting better, a few weeks ago at church I could smell my feet.  They didn’t stink, I could just smell them.  I asked Darrell about 12 times if he smelled them.  He didn’t.  I asked my mom, she didn’t.  Now I feel like I smell everything, all the time.  I can smell Cameron from a mile away, I can smell my socks, I can smell anything that is cooking in the break room at work.  Usually, that makes me hungry, or feel nauseous. 

We were scheduled for our first ultrasound this Thursday, the 8th.  I called my OB last week to check on something, and my OB had accidentally cancelled my appointment and my time slot was no longer available…I had a minor meltdown and cried while attempting to tell the receptionist that she can just create a new spot for me at the same time on the same day I had scheduled, since I had already asked for time off at work.  It’s just, you wait so LONG to go to the doctor and I just want somebody to go “Yep, everybody looks good!”  Just some reassurance...And suddenly, my appointment I have waited forever for was accidentally cancelled.  That specific receptionist panicked and said she would have a manager call me back. 

I called back the following day and spoke to a very sweet woman, who was willing to try everything to get me in for the ultrasound and blood work, but couldn’t get it worked out to have them both on the same day.  SO, my appointment got pushed back ANOTHER week.  It will feel like eternity before I actually make this appointment. 

Hopefully the time will pass quick!  I appreciate all the prayers and continue to pray!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment